Tuesday 14 May 2013

Blogging on the iPad

I don't have an iPad but I have an iPhone and my friend Julie wants some advice on this topic.

Before I first started blogging I tried all the free services I could find and settled on blogger.

But the official iPhone blogger app isn't great.

Looking around the web it seems some consolidation has happened. People only talk about blogger and Wordpress. That makes things easier.

Wordpress is a clear choice if you think you might want to host your blog yourself.

You can start on Wordpress.com and the software is free and you can migrate your content.

Blogger is very simple to get started with. I'm still happy with it for robinetta-log.

I found two good posts on this topic. In my next post on the subject I'll report on using Wordpress again.

Unfortunately blogsy which is recommended only works on the iPad.

http://www.macstories.net/reviews/blogsy-a-better-blogging-app-for-ipad/

http://theedublogger.com/2011/06/15/blogging-with-an-ipad-writing-posts-using-apps-and-via-the-dashboard-in-a-web-browser/

No comments:

Post a Comment